Slideshow Widget

Emmett Elijah | Celebrating Two Years

Thursday, July 31, 2014



Our Emmett is two years old today. A full-blown toddler who runs circles (literally!) around us, I can't imagine what life would be like without him. A ball of energy from morning until night, he makes our lives so much more fun. We play hard, act silly and laugh daily. A lot. We read and run and jump and dance and sing and snuggle. We hug and kiss and high five and nuzzle noses. I'm so glad I get to be his mama.


Emmett at 1 Month
At two years, Emmett:
  • loves all things that move. Cars, trucks, planes, motorcycles, buses, trains. You name it. If it moves, he's a fan.
  • loves music (and dancing!). He seems to learn easily through songs.
  • never stops moving. He doesn't sleep at night. He just recharges his battery pack.
  • is curious, independent, determined, funny, joy-filled and wide-eyed at life.
  • loves bubbles, balls, the beach and doing anything outdoors. He'd live outside if we let him.
  • pops wheelies on his Lowes 48 tricycle. And thinks it's hilarious.
  • is a daddy's boy at heart.
  • still loves to be held and wants to be where the action is. I believe physical touch and quality time are his top love languages. He likes to snuggle before nap time and bed time. He wants to be with people. He wants us to play with him. He tugs at our hands and leads us into his playroom. Doesn't matter what we play. It only matters that we're doing it together.
  • strives on a routine. He's much more flexible now as he's getting older, but is happiest when we have very routine days that include an afternoon nap and some time outside.
  • can throw a fit like the best of 'em! He screams and yells and wails and lets down those big alligator tears. It's funny, but not funny.
  • loves books. We go to story time almost every week at the library and check out new books from time to time. Sometimes, I find him in his chair sitting quietly looking through his books. These are the moments that make my introvert heart smile.
  • adores his Nana and Gramps. He's a huge fan and I'm so thankful.
  • is a good helper. He helps unload the dishwasher and loves to sweep the floor and use the vacuum. In fact, he's got some sort of obsession with the "vac" and asks for it daily.




Emmett Elijah,

You make my days so full. I thank God that He chose me to be your mama and pray that you'd see the love of Jesus in me, your daddy and our home. I celebrate you today. You made me a mama and I'm so proud to be yours. You are teaching me to be brave. You are passionate and determined, energetic and strong. You are sweet and sensitive and you love big. Never lose your wide-eyed wonder at life. Always be true to who you are. Thank you for helping me to become more like Jesus. That song we sing every day before you rest? It's true. Jesus loves you, this I know, and He loves you more than I ever could. I pray you will have a faith that's bigger than life, and that you'll follow Jesus someday. You're going to move mountains, sweet boy. God has big plans for your life. You are fiercely loved! Happy 2nd Birthday, my sweet boy. You are in my most secret of hearts.



XO,
Your Mama

Post a Comment