Slideshow Widget

Welcome | The Beginning of a New Adventure

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Welcome to my new space... a place of authenticity, of encouragement, of real life and a place for my soul (and hopefully yours) to breathe! I've been off of the blogging map for a couple of years now, finding my new normal. Someone calls me "Mama" now. My world has been rocked to the core, but nearly two years since our family grew from two to three, I can see it's the greatest calling I have ever had and probably ever will.


Blogging has always been a fun hobby for me and it's mostly consisted of things that my family has been up to sprinkled with some deeper posts here and there when I felt like I had something more to say. It was a place to share my photographs. A place to store memories. It was more of a way to keep family and friends in the loop of what we were up to, a way to stay in touch. But now, especially after becoming a mama, I can see that we (mamas) could all use a little more encouragement, a high five, a hug. We could all use a little more truth and real life. There's lots of things that motherhood throws you into completely unaware yet not often talked about, and for that reason, I want to write, to share, to say "I know" and "I see you" sweet mama.


I'll still post about what my family is up to. I want to hold on to all the memories we make and have a place to document them. But beyond that, I want this to be a space where us mamas, especially the new ones, can find a hand extended, a pat on the back, a pick me up for those moments when we want to run. And if we're honest, those moments come far more often than we'd like to admit. I don't have all the answers. In fact, I probably don't even have most of them. After all, I've only got two years under my belt and there are plenty of mama blogs out there with far more experience and wisdom to share. But I've got my story and I've got Jesus and that can be enough.


Are you looking for a place to connect? Are you looking for some encouragement in your story of motherhood today? Instead of falling into the trap of comparison and trying to figure this journey out alone, let's band together on our common ground of one of the greatest roles we'll ever hold. You're beautiful, Mama, and you're doing a great job.

4 Responses to “Welcome | The Beginning of a New Adventure”